Please log in to subscribe to updates for this article
Last updated at Sat Oct 05 01:22, by Sharron Denice
Table of contents
Description ⇑ topThe Software People's (TSP) Author's Note allows you to add your author's notes and after-thoughts to your blog posts.
Shortcodes ⇑ topAdd a `Author's Note` to posts and pages by using a shortcode inside your text or evaluated from within your theme. You may override page/post `Author's Note` options with shortcode attributes defined on the plugin's settings page.
- [tsp-authors-note]Did I really write this?[/tsp-authors-note] - Will display a authors note with the default options defined in the plugin's settings page.
- [tsp-authors-note title="On After-Thought" show_bio=Y show_pic=Y show_name=Y show_website=Y show_links=Y]Did I really write this?[/tsp-authors-note] - Will override attributes defined on the plugin's settings page.
Installation ⇑ top
- Upload `tsp-authors-note` to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- After installation, refer to the `TSP Authors Note` settings page for more detailed instructions on setting up your shortcodes.
- Author's Note widgets can be added to the sidemenu bar by visiting `Appearance > Widgets` and dragging the `TSP Authors Note` widget to your sidebar menu.
- Add some widgets to the sidemenu bar, Add shortcodes to pages and posts (see Instructions)
- View your site
- Adjust your CSS for your theme , if necessary, by visiting `Appearance > Edit CSS`
Frequently asked questions ⇑ top
I've installed the plugin but no information is displaying? ⇑ top
- Make sure the folder `/wp-content/uploads/` has recursive, 777 permissions
- Make sure you have at least one admin user in your database
COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE ⇑ topCopyright 2013 The Software People, LLC
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this work except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License in the LICENSE file, or at:
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.