Please log in to subscribe to updates for this article
Last updated at Fri Oct 04 21:26, by Sharron Denice
Table of contents
DESCRIPTION ⇑ topReorder Reminders for CS-Cart allows users to be reminded when it is time to re-order a product.
FEATURES ⇑ top
- Users can decide before adding a product to the cart if they would like to be reminded to reorder
- Users are notified of reordering on the anniversary date
- Admins can determine which products can be reordered and the suggested reorder interval
- Admins can determine how many emails to send to the user at the reorder interval before the reminder expires
GENERAL INSTALLATION NOTES ⇑ top
- Download from repository
- Unzip the zip file in the directory where CS-Cart runs
- If the zip creates a new directory called `tsp-reorder-reminders` you will need to run the install script, else you are done
- If `tsp-reorder-reminders` folder created by zip, Navigate to the folder. Update the $target_loc in the install.php and run. Command: php install.php
- Open CS-Cart Administration Control Panel
- Navigate to Addons -> Manage Addons
- Find the "The Software People: Re-Order Reminders" addon and click "Install" (If you don't see it make sure "All Stores" is selected at the top of the screen)
- After Install, from the Addons listing click on Settings for "The Software People: Re-Order Reminders"
- Update The Re-Order Reminder settings
USING THE ADDON ⇑ topThe Re-Order Reminders module, upon install, adds product global options to the database and adds settings to products.
The Products->Global Options that are added include:
- Remind Me to Re-Order In?
The Product Listing -> Addon tab includes:
- Default Reminder Choice
Creating a Product with Reminders ⇑ topIn order to create a product that has reminders you will need to perform the following steps:
- Create the product and save (after save the Addons tab will be available to you.
- Navigate to the Options tab and add the Global options below to the product by clicking on "Add Global Option" (Apply as Link).
- Add `Remind Me to Re-Order In?`.
- Navigate to the Addons tab and scroll to the section "The Software People: Re-Order Reminders".
- Enter in the default reminder interval for the product (ie Memberships default '1 Year', Products default example '3 Months')
- Save and close the product
- And thats it! Now you can allow your customers to purchase events.
- Note: Any variants changed for the Global option `Remind Me to Re-Order In?` will also show in the product's Addon `Default Reminder Choice` dropdown
Creating a Cron Job to Send Reminders ⇑ topAfter you have setup reminders on your products you will need to create a cron on your server to run the script. Note you will need to copy your Store Access Key from Settings > Security Settings > Cron Password
The cron to run is:
wget -q -O /dev/null http://www.yourstore.com/index.php?dispatch=notifications.cron&cron_password=YOURCRONPASSRecommended run time:
Every Day at 8:00 Hrs
0 8 * * * wget -q -O /dev/null http://www.yourstore.com/index.php?dispatch=notifications.cron&cron_password=YOURCRONPASS
Creating Cron Jobs from the Command Line ⇑ top
- List Crons `crontab -l`
- Edit Crons `crontab -e`
- Delete Crons `crontab -r`
REPORTING ISSUES ⇑ topThank you for downloading Re-Order Reminder for CS-Cart If you find any issues, please report them in the issue tracker on our website: https://lab.letaprodoit.com/public/cscart-ror
COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE ⇑ topCopyright 2013 The Software People, LLC